Service & Support
USAMMC-K Information Management provides the following service and support:
- Desktop support
- Submit Local Service Request (LSR) for requesting new phone line, relocation and upgrade
- Firewall Exception Request (FER) for network connectivity
- Site visit for installation and configuration support of DMLSS Customer Assistance Module (DCAM)
- Audio / visual support
- Life cycle management for Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE)
- Requirement Document (RD) submission for software and hardware
- Common Access Card (CAC) pin reset
- Combat Service Support Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS VSAT)
Enterprise Service Desk
Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) is a consolidation program that, upon project completion, will provide 24/365 Help Desk support to over 80,000 end users. The ESD will serve as a single-point-of-contact service desk for all technical issues where technicians assist end users with a broad range of issues, including desktop support, connectivity and configuration problems, mailbox configurations and distributing software and tracking licenses for the enterprise.
- Deploy a single enterprise service desk for the entire MEDCOM infrastructure achieving a lower cost than maintaining multiple service desks at many locations.
- Perform incident management activities according to the defined Incident management process, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Providing consistent, high-quality service desk support to all (local and remote) MEDCOM customers.
- Ensuring that all identified incidents are captured, prioritized, categorized and recorded in the service management
- Application and resolved within the agreed service levels.
- Managing the restoration of normal operational service within their area of expertise while minimizing impact on the end user within agreed service levels and business priorities.
- Supporting ESD agents and incident management process by providing accurate, up-to-date information and recording it in the remedy application.
- Establishing complete and mature service desk procedures that include incident, problem, escalation, change and configuration management.
- Allocating Incident records to the correct internal or external support group if unable to initially resolve the Incident.
ESD Link Site:
https://esd.amedd.army.mil (please visit the site to place a remedy ticket for all IT issues)
Re-image computers; IMD is providing customer support to include the personal data, e-mail and favorites back-up as preparation of re-image the computer. The back-up procedure/instruction are a tool to save personal data in “H” drive.
Install and update Universal Data Repository (UDR) monthly to enhance material management officers’ abilities of research the new items requested from the customers. Please visit the ESD site (https://esd.amedd.army.mil) to place a remedy ticket if you would like to use UDR.
Provide classes and technical support of Theater Enterprise Wide Logistics System (TEWLS) to establish newly arrived Soldiers and newly hired employees.